For the love of Dumplings…Vegetarian Dumplings

I always hear my colleagues babble about how they love dim sums…
Dim sums are a traditional Chinese cuisine which includes portions of a variety of foods like steamed dumplings, Siew Mai ,Sesame balls etc
But being a vegetarian I hardly get vegetarian Dim sums in Food courts..
Thatz when I heard about Lin Zhi …The authentic Chinese vegetarian restaurant in Singapore..
So I planned the next team lunch there….:-)
Yumilicious……the whole table was filled with different types of Dim sums…
I lost count of how many I had…..:-)
And now ..Me too joined the league of Dum sum lovers…


Recently I got the recipe of Dumpling from one of my friend..
But the steps sounded a bit too tedious for me…Makin the dough…rolling out …oooghhh…
I chose the easier option…get the readymade dumpling skins and followed rest of the recipe.

Ingredients
Cabbage shredded 1/2 Cup
1 Carrot grated
Shitake mushroom- 5 chopped
I prefer to use dried Shitake mushroom as it is more flavor full. Soak the dried mushroom in boiling water for 30 min
Sprint Onion 2 stems
Garlic 2 Cloves
Chilies 1
Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil- 2 tea spoon


Heat a wok , add in the oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add Chilies, Garlic and Sprint Onion and saute
Add in cabbage, Carrot, Mushroom ,soy sauce and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Take a Dumpling sheet, Put a ring of water around the edges
Add a spoonful of mixture in each dumpling skin and seal the edges.
Remember to cover the sealed dumpling using a moist towel else it might become dry
You can choose any of the 3 options for cooking the dumpling -steam for 10 minutes, deep fry it or cook in boiling water

I chose to cook the dumpling by letting it cook in boiling water for 3 minutes.

I heard from my friends that if we are using readymade dumpling sheets the later method gives softer dumplings.

For the Dip
Soy sauce 1 tspn
Roasted sesame seeds 1 tspn
Chili paste
Rice Vinegar 1 tspn
Sesame Oil – ½ tspn

Mix all the ingredients well and serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...