Thai Basil Tofu



Don’t you love Thai cuisine?
The fragrance and the flavors..I absolutely love it..
I have to admit many a times Thai cuisine have made me cry ..coz of its red hot chilies..
But I never get enough of those spicy, tongue burning delights!!
By the time I finish a Thai main course I would have already gulped at least 2-3 glasses of water…
And still I totally adore itJ

Here in Singapore, we have a “Little Thailand” in Golden Mile Tower
You get almost all Thai ingredients and snacks there and they have some amazing Thai restaurants as well.
The freshest basil, lemon grass, galangal ,thai brinjals ..you name the Thai ingredients …its there!!

Last week we went down there for the dinner and I had hell lot of thai delights till I criedJ
I also managed to pick a lot of Thai ingredients.
So stay tuned to some spicy Thai cuisine!!


 Thai Basil Tofu
Ingredients
100 gms Firm Tofu cubed
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
2-3 Thai Red Chilies
4 Shallots
A small piece of Galangal [Blue ginger]
1 tbspn Oil
1 1/2 tspn Soy Sauce


Directions
Combine together Red chilies, Shallots, Galangal in a mortar and pound well.
Heat Oil in a wok. Add the pound paste and stir fry for a minute.
Add the soy sauce and tofu and toss well
Reduce the flame to medium and cook the tofu for 5-8 minutes tossing in between.
Add the basils , cover and cook for a 2 minutes


29 Comments:

  1. I have to admit next time i pas these items in the mall I will have a tough time saying no to these.
    Love this recipe.
    I am hosting Fast Food not Fat Foot event. Do check out my event and send me your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have tasted this,but never tried making at home.looking nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of Tofu really... But this looks soo much delicious.. that I m sure to pick them next time I find them in the self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat a flavourful and inviting thai basil tofu,feel like having some..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempting and beautiful presentation.. looks so tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and delicious.. tofu is one wonderful food which beautifully takes and renders the spices...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...beautifully golden and crisp...Thanks for the recipe dear..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks yummy ramya...i tried or had thai food...but after cing this want to try...will try to go this weekend for thai restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vow, love the falvor, looks totally yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The curry looks very tempting Ramya. I am bookmarking this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very timely recipe as I have a a big block of tofu sitting in my refrigerator desperately needing my attention :)
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks awesome dear, will love to try this out..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never tried my hands on tofu! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple and delicious recipe....looks lovely and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so good Ramya .....lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful dish!!! Love the addition of basil...mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tofu looks really nice and flavourful..growing some basil..will try the recipe with paneer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ramya how are you ?, lovely tofu, looks beautiful, never made it like this, should try it sometime, slowly my kids are liking tofu these days! must be smelling great! beautiful clicks as well

    ReplyDelete
  19. never had it before will love to have some ..i am feeling hungry now..waiting to see more of ur thai creations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I make my tofu similarly and love it! Looks awesome with the fresh basil leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love to try this thai tofu... I too cant resist Thai food on outings...

    http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yumm Totu.Aswsome Combo with Basil.Thanks for sharing this Ramya.Luv ur delicious recipes of this luvly blog.Glad to follow U.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow am a gr8 fan of tofu,sure will try this...Really delicious ramya...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tempting tofu...very inviting.
    I love thai food a lot..but never tried it at home
    1st time visitor and glad to follow your blog..i will be glad if you follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...