Fig Squares



Ooohhh I was soo excited and was looking forward to our long weekend for one whole month
Infact I had made a long list of To-do/to-go/to-meet/to-eat/to-make items
And now ….it’s gone!! Leaving every little thing in my wish list undone!!!
Why you ask..?
For me the weekend started 3 days early…coz of 3 days of medical leave and a stupid stupid eye infection
And it ate almost whole of my long weekend..grrrrrrr
Can it be any worse than this?
Now I have to wait for two whole months for the next long weekendL


Anyways it’s time to clear out the list from my drafts folder…
So here is a fudgy, chewy and healthy slice…This was made some 3 weeks back and was lazily sitting in my drafts folder !!

Fig Squares
Ingredients
250 g dried figs, finely chopped
1  cup boiling water
100 g butter, softened
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Honey
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/3  cup Skimmed milk

Instructions
Preheat oven to 170°C
Line a sqaure baking pan with parchment paper
Place figs and boiling water in a bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to soften.
Once the figs has been softened, transfer to a food processor and blend for few seconds until a thick paste is formed.
Beat butter, sugar, honey and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Add fig mixture, flour and milk. Beat to combine.
Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.


29 Comments:

  1. wow..thats absolute delicious....yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture is sooo beautiful - I wish I could grab a few from my monitor!;)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to love figs love to munch on those tiny seeds,yummy squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look absolutely yummy..Lovely clicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious and mouthwatering squares. Clicks are wonderful.


    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww... looks so tempting and delicious.. wonderful clicks too.. thanks for sharing :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  7. These fig squares looks awesome perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful looking fig squares...yummy looking too

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow so so good delicious wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a unique and lovely sounding recipe! Ive never made anything like this so am really tempted to give it a try, sounds scrummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so delectable! Wonderful recipe! And nice click!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaaww so sorry the plan didn't work out. It happened with me too once and felt so frustrating!Fig is super delicious and these squares looks yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful fig squares,looks so delicious and yummy.Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fig treats that are like fudge? Oh my! Forget the Newtons. I'd much rather have a few of these instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely yummy recipe and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a lot of 'drafts' in my folder too!

    I am obsessed with figs so I can't wait to try this recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks really great, I love this kind of sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful pic
    delicious wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delicious healthy cake...looks so cute...beautiful clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delicious and healthy at the same time...sound perfect to me :) You make it look so beautiful and tasty that no one could overcome the temptation to eat at least one or (in my case) way too much :D Really nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOHH..the fig squares looks so yummy..i love bars and squares a lot...will try out some time..
    hope u have recovered with the eye infection.
    wonderful clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woah, the texture looks so appealing. I would love to make these! I wonder if subbing dates, dried apricots, or another dried fruit for the figs would work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Yatee Thank you:-)
    Sure you could substitute with dates or apricots, but you will have to reduce the amount of water. As you see the figs I used are super dry and so i had to use 1 cup water.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!,Awesome recipe.will try it soon.Luks yumm

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...