White Chocolate Cupcake with white chocolate frosting



After much effort…By effort I mean my colleagues effort, I am finally able to connect to my blogJ
I am in Shenzhen and enjoying the novelty of being a novelty here!! Haha
In the past , most places , may be exception of Cambodia, there was always a long queue in immigration for foreigners. But to my surprise, in Shenzhen immigration, I am the only foreigner in the queue.
The awkwardness started with the officer going through all my passport pages one by one.Later in the evening when I went out with my colleague I started to notice that people are really starring at me! I mean not in a bad way, guess that they r just curios.
2 days here, I am yet to see a foreigner, let alone an IndianL
Anyways that is not going to stop me from exploring the shopping districts during the weekend.

Coming to today’s recipe, it’s a decadent white chocolate cupcakes. Made a batch on these during last weekend for the birthday of my friends daughter.

White Chocolate Cupcake with white chocolate frosting.

Recipe Adapted from: Baking bites 

Ingredients
1 Cup Flour
1 tspn baking powder
Pinch of salt
125 gms milk chocolate
60 gms butter
1/3 Cup sugar
1 egg+1 egg white
1 tspn Vanilla essence -optional
1/3 Cup milk

For icing
60 gms white chocolate
1 tbspn butter
1 tspn milk-optional
Wilton coloring-optional

Directions
Sift together the dry ingredients- Flour, baking powder and salt.
Cream the butter and sugar. Beat it well until the color turn lighter.
Add in the egg+egg white and mix well.
Meanwhile melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave. Stir it well using a spoon. Let it cool down a bit
Add the melted white chocolate and vanilla essence to the egg/butter mixture and beat well .
Add the dry ingredients and milk in 3 alternating additions to the batter and mix until no more flour is visible.
Bake in a 170 degress preheated oven for 15 minutes.

For preparing the icing, add the butter to the melted white chocolate and stir well.
I added some pink colouring for the birthday girl .
If you are preparing the icing in advance, you will need to add in a little milk to get the pipping consistency as the icing will be quite thick.

11 Comments:

  1. Luv anything with white chocolate...Cup cake looks cute ad perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cup cakes look very tempting. Loved the presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect :)
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww.. looks super cute and tempting.. awesome job dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you still have work related trips ...cool ...we are dealing with something else right now ;) ....cupcake looks delish ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish to have this cutie cupcakes u know, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. U wouldn't believe me..seriously looking for a white chocolate recipe..thanks 4 sharing ..looks abbbbbsolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very soft n yumm, lovely clicks..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...